Saturday, July 23, 2011

Smokescreen

I am trying so desperately hard
Not to let my desperation show
Covering it up with empty smiles
And vacant sincerity, made up 'glow'

Scintillating conversation
Is a brilliant enough smokescreen
Look behind that amused twinkle
Do you catch a glimpse of ashen green?

Its been so long since I have breathed freely
Longer since I have intellectualised
Routine is a wonderful friend here
It disguises how much I am despised

Despicable am I? Think again will you?
In despising where do you stand?
Who gave you the monopoly over judgement?
What makes you abominously grand?

Is it your cover and smokescreen, you way
Of camouflaging your narrow mind?
Or is it just that you aren't able?
To accomodate my difference, and be kind?

Tomorrow will be another day
Routine, twinkles, and ashen green
Day after, I shall wonder
Was day before another smokescreen?

No comments:

Post a Comment